Hi. I’m Mike, a singer/songwriter with seven albums and an eighth on the way. You can get them here.
My hope is to make the world a little brighter through music. The songs I write are typically about love, life, loss, and grace.
I also love to learn. Having skipped college, there’s a chip on my shoulder that keeps me up at night reading books, blogs, forums, and listening to podcasts. Whatever sticks gets applied and shared here on my blog.
How I Got Into Music
My dad taught me a few chords when I was 13, and I’ve been figuring out the rest ever since. After high school, I opted for life as a touring music artist over student debt slavery. Got it half right anyways.
After a few years on the road, I was burnt out and settled for mediocrity in corporate America. I eventually realized I’m a horrible employee and started working on my own business to free up more time for music again.
So here I am.
- Written a few thousand songs
- Invented a few alternate tunings
- Played approximately 150 shows
- Largest show: ~3,000 people
- Smallest show: for the owner of an empty internet cafe in NJ
- Songs featured internationally on TV, radio, and on various websites/blogs
- Started a five-figure business from scratch
- Started a $100/mo niche website (thanks Pat)
- Lost 50 pounds on the Slow Carb Diet
- Had a Tim Ferriss tweet crash my website
- Read 92 books (and counting)
- Caught 67 bass in one summer
Anyways, I’d better get back to making music, learning, and living. If you have any questions or if there’s anything I can help you with, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org